Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chapter 1 - World....Meet Maia


World, this is Maia Makaria.
She’s just moved into the neighborhood and is off to find a man to treat her the way she deserves…like a Goddess. She is determined to find a good looking man who will bend to her every whim and be obedient the way they should be. “Men and children are here to do as we tell them and nothing else.” Her mother always told her that. Now that she’s no longer a child, it’s time for her to make her own life.

She found herself an absolutely gorgeous lot by a waterfall. Her mother gave her little more than 100,000 Simoleans to start her new life right. She immediately called the local contractors and set those handsome men to work on her new home. Within a few days her house was built. She stood back and took a look at the work those contractors had done. She simply loved the outside of it. Maia decided she had better go inside and make sure the rooms were done the way she wanted. She went from room to room, peeking her head in the door and glancing around. She started upstairs and worked her way back down. My room looks gorgeous!! And OH MY GODDESS! Look at this bathroom!! I can't wait to take a bath in that tub!” she thought while looking around.

She was extremely happy with the way the upstairs turned out. “Now to make sure The Dungeon is done properly. If it’s not, I swear, those stupid contractors won’t get a dime of my money for this house!” She walked downstairs into her wide open living room/dining/kitchen combo. She loved how open it was. There were two doors at the back of the kitchen/dining room. She peeked her head into the room on the left. It was a powder room, only consisting of a toilet and sink. “One room left. I swear, it better be done right…” Looking in the last room, she sighed with relief. “They’re lucky!” She turned around and walked back outside to talk to the head contractor.

“Good. You’ve done everything as I asked. Here‘s your pay,” Maia said to the contractor. “Thank you, but may I ask why you didn’t want the second bedroom finished?” asked the contractor. Now he did it. Nothing annoyed Maia more than people who put their noses where they didn’t belong. Well…almost nothing anyway. Number one on her list was people not doing as they’re told. He’s really lucky he did or all Hell would have broken loose. What he’d see now was only a taste of how venomous Maia could be. “No! You may NOT ask why! It’s none of your business. Your job is to build my house the way I want it. You have done that. Your business here is finished.” Turning back on her smile and sweetness she said, “Thank you for your lovely work. Have a nice day.” With that Maia spun around, flipping around her gorgeous hair, and walked into her new house. The contractor stood there gaping at her. “Goddess save the man that marries her. I feel bad for that poor sucker…geez. Oh well. The job is done and I can get the hell out of here now.” With that, the contractor turned and practically ran to his work truck and sped off.

Time to start thinking about how I want to start my new life.” She stood in the living room thinking for a little while. “Hmm, I’ve always dreamed to be in Law Enforcement. I should probably start by getting a job to keep my sanity once I have a husband here. I’ll need a place to go to get away. I think I’ll head down to the police station and see if they’re looking for help.” Maia turned back around and headed back outside. She stepped to the curb and called a cab. “I’ll definitely have to think about investing in a car. Women like me don’t belong being seen in taxi cabs. I’d rather drive myself.” The cab arrived. A cute woman with dark pig-tails was driving. “Where ya headed, miss?” “Take me to your police station, please.” The cab driver replied, “No problem, miss. The driver pulled away from the curb and Maia was off to get her first full time job.

During the drive, Maia gazed out the window in thought. “I love this new town. I just hope the men here look as good as the scenery here. These mountains are so pretty.” Maia was so lost in her thoughts she didn’t realize they had arrived already. The cab driver’s voice broke through her thoughts. “Miss? … Miss? We’re here.” Maia shook her thoughts away. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying much attention. Thank you. Here’s the fare.” She gave the driver the money for the trip. Maia stepped out of the cab and looked up at the police station. “Wow, this is a pretty big station. There’s bound to be an opening somewhere,” she thought. “Here goes nothing.” Maia anxiously walked into the police station not sure whether to be worried or excited.

Walking through the station doors, Maia looked around the room. There was a huge counter in front of her. Behind it was the bullpen. There were rows upon rows of desks with a few cubicles to the sides of the room. In the very back of the room was a huge office. There were no walls. All glass. She assumed this was so the lieutenant could watch the bullpen from the comfort of the office. She turned to the side and saw some chairs bolted to the floor with small metal handles on the arms. There was a man sitting in one. He was cuffed to the metal handles. She assumed he was waiting for booking. She looked away quickly before she caught his eye. She didn’t need trouble already.

“Excuse me, miss. Can I help you with something?” A woman asked. Maia, a little startled, turned back and replied, “Um, yes. My name’s Maia Makaria. I’m here to inquire about a job opening. I’ve always wanted to be in Law Enforcement. I just moved into the area and figured I’d make this my first stop in the hopes of an opening.” Maia quickly looked over the gorgeous woman with blond pig-tails. “What it is with women in this town having pig-tails anyway. It’s not like this is Riverview or something.” “Actually,” the woman behind the counter replied hesitantly, “we do have an opening. I’m not sure if you’re going to want the job though. You look like a woman of class and this job is kind of…well…more for a person of less class. The only job we have available is the position of Snitch.” “Well, I am a woman of class, but at the moment I’m not worried about starting at a low position. I will work my way up like anyone else. I won’t be low on the rungs for long,” Maia stated in a matter of fact tone. The woman behind the counter looked a little surprised for a second before her expression returned to a smile. “If you’re sure, then welcome to the Sunset Valley Police Department. You’ve already had the pleasure of meeting your boss. I‘m Lieutenant Blair Wainwright.” It was Maia’s turn to be surprised. “You’re the lieutenant?” The Lieutenant wasn’t quite sure how to take that. She got a bit indignant with her reply, “Yes. Why does that surprise you? Do you think women can’t be the head of a police department?” Maia quickly realized she’d been misunderstood. “No! Absolutely not! I believe women are much stronger than men and should always be in the positions of power. I was just surprised that the Lieutenant would be the one at the counter, helping people who show up here.” Lieutenant Wainwright quickly recovered her moment of indignation and replied sweetly, “I just happened to be walking back to my office from the ladies room and saw that no one had helped you yet. Most of the people here are out patrolling or on their lunch break right now. I don’t usually work the counter. Well, I must get back to work. Be here tomorrow morning at 9am for your first shift. It was a pleasure meeting you, Maia. You should check out the town while you have the rest of the day free. We have some pretty hunky guys here if you’re looking for one of them, too.” Blair winked at Maia before she said, “Have a nice day!” and went back to her office. Maia turned around to walk out of the police station. As she did, she caught the guy handcuffed to the chair staring at her with an expression of pure lust on his face. Disgusted, she hurried out the doors.

Once outside, she stopped to decide where to go. Excited that she got her first job in her dream career, she decided to keep pushing her luck and see if she can find a man too. “Hmm. Where would one start looking for a man to potentially be my husband? Maybe I’ll try the park first. There’s bound to be someone there.” Maia hailed another cab and headed off to the park.

Upon arriving at the park, Maia glanced around. “Wow. There’s quite a few people here.” Still looking around she spotted a guy that caught her eye. “Oh! That guy is a possibility. He’s handsome and looks quite wealthy. I’ll just walk up to him and turn on the charm.” Maia then proceeded to do exactly that. She strode up to him and introduced herself.

“Hi, I’m Maia Makaria. It’s nice to meet you.” “It’s my pleasure, Maia. My name is Thornton Wolff.”

Maia chatted up Thornton for a little while. She asked him about his career and found out that he’s a business man.
She liked the fact that Thornton was ambitious. She’d knock that right out of him if she chose him.

She decided she had better ask if he’s in a relationship to see how much work she‘d have to go through. “So, Thornton, are you seeing anyone?” “I am. I’m actually very happily married to that gorgeous woman sitting at the chess table over there. Her name is Morgana.” “That’s great! She’s absolutely beautiful. I’m happy for you!” Maia decided she’s not going to waste anymore time on Thornton. That would take way too much work. “Well, it was nice meeting you, Maia. I have to go, Morgana is calling for me. We have to get over to the theater for the play. Enjoy your day and welcome to Sunset Valley!” “Bye!” Maia called to him as he jogged away.




Luckily for her, Maia didn’t have to look far for her next possibility. She had definitely taken notice of the gorgeous guy sitting at the picnic basket next to her. She wasn’t too thrilled about his choice in clothes though.
“Hawaiian clothes are SOOOO out of fashion. I’m pretty sure I can look past the clothes though. Goddess, he’s gorgeous!” He was picnicking with a young looking blond woman with pig-tails. She wondered if this was his girlfriend. She looked similar to her new boss, but Maia couldn’t be certain if this was the same woman. She stepped over to him and introduced herself. “Hi there! My name is Maia Makaria.” The handsome young man, stood up and replied, “Hiya. I’m Hank Goddard. Nice to meet ya.” “Likewise. I’m new to town. I just got my first job here. Down at the police station,” Maia told him. Hank was taken aback. “Really? I work there too! I’m a traffic cop at the moment. I love my job. You’re really going to like it there.” “She doesn’t look like the type to get a job as a cop. She looks like she should be working in the spa or something, but MAN is she gorgeous!” While Hank was thinking about her, she was thinking about him. “Oooh…A man in uniform! This could work out better than I thought. I’m sure he looks MUCH better in his police uniform than those horrid clothes he’s got on now.

They chatted for a long time in the park. She learned all about him. She found out that they have a few things in common. He’s very charismatic and he was boasting a bit about his kissing abilities. “We’ll see about that…all in due time. I just really hope I don’t have to work too hard for this one.” They joked about work and talked about things in their lives. She started to tell him about her new house, but he seemed awfully bored by that subject. She decided it was time to turn on the charm and start flirting a bit.

Maia had been secretly drooling over his physique for the entire duration of their encounter. That’s about the only positive thing she thought about his wardrobe. “At least with that shirt on, I can see that he’s got a very sexy body under those hideous clothes. I really hope he does as he’s told once we’re married. I’d hate to have to make him pay.” “I bet you have no trouble with the bad guys at work eh?” A little flustered at the comment, Hank chuckled, “Not really, no.” Well that went well. Let’s turn up the heat a little.” She decided to bat her eyes a little and when she flirted with him, he yelled at her. “I‘m engaged!! Her name’s Pauline and she’s right over there!” Hank turned and pointed to a cute oriental woman on the other side of the park. She too had pig-tails but looked kind of like her cab driver. “DAMMIT! I knew I should have asked him first! Well at least he’s not married yet. There’s still time to make him mine! This one’s not getting off that easy! Lucky for me I work with him. That ought to make this a little easier.” “Oh! I’m so sorry! I feel horrible now,” Maia said while looking down. She appeared ashamed of herself. “Aww, it’s ok. We can still be friends, though. I’d be upset if we weren’t. I like you, Maia.” She could tell he was sincere in what he said. She hoped there was an underlying attraction that she could use to her advantage.

Maia’s stomach growled at this point. “Uh...What was that?” Hank asked, a little startled by the sudden sound. Maia looked away, slightly embarrassed. “I’m a little hungry. I haven’t eaten dinner yet. I think I’ll head over to the diner I saw on the way here. It really was a pleasure to meet you, Hank. I’ll see you at work tomorrow!” Maia gave him a friendly hug and headed to the diner.


Maia ate a very enjoyable dinner at the diner. She enjoyed it so much she even stayed later for desert. Walking out of the diner stuffed to the gills, she decided she’d an excellent first day of her new life. “I made a few blunders today. But all in all, today was a good day. I have just GOT to have that man! One way or the other, I will make him my husband. To love me and cherish me until death do us part. He WILL treat me the way I deserve to be treated…if he doesn’t, and I hope to Goddess he does, I will make him pay! I better head home and get some sleep. I have an early morning tomorrow for work. I can’t wait to see Hank again tomorrow!

Maia hailed a cab and got in. “53 Waterfall Way, please.” The cab driver turned around and said, “I remember the place. That gorgeous house up by The Falls.” Maia noticed it was the same driver that picked her up earlier today. “So, did you have any luck with your ventures today, miss?” the cab driver inquired innocently. “Goddess, why can’t people mind their own business?! Ok…I don’t want to get a bad name in this town. Bite your tongue and be nice, Maia!” Maia mustered up her sweetest voice and smile and replied, “Oh, I sure did! I got a new job today at the police station and I met the most handsome man ever! I had amazing luck with my ventures today. Thank you for asking!” The cab driver smiled in the rear view mirror. Sincerely, the cab driver replied, “I’m truly glad you did! I hope you like our town. We’re not too small but we’re cozy enough.” Some time passed in silence as Maia daydreamed about Hank. “Well, here we are! Goddess, I love your house! I can only imagine how beautiful the inside of it is. I hope you have a good night! Welcome to Sunset Valley!” “Thank you,” was all Maia replied quietly. She was beginning to get hit with the tiredness. She payed the cab driver and went in to bed. Once her head hit the pillow of her very comfortable bed, she was out for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment