Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chapter 2 - With a New Day Starts a New Life

The next morning Maia rolled over in her bed and began thinking about the first official day of her new life. She laid there plotting her conversations with Hank at work. “Hmm…I wonder what’s the best way to win him over. Should I be straight forward and aggressive? Or will that push him further away? Maybe I should play the friend card for a little while longer. Then once he trusts me, tell him how much I adore him. I’ll tell him that I’m falling for him and that I tried to stamp it down because he’s engaged. I don’t want him thinking I’m intentionally breaking them up.

“Yeah, that’s what I’ll do,” Maia says out loud to no one as she gets out of bed. I’ll play the friend card as far as possible. I’ll make him start falling for me. Then I’ll tell him how much I am attracted to him and ask him to leave her. I’ll promise him the world. Even though once he’s here he’ll be giving me the world…and if he doesn’t… Well I don’t even want to think that negatively already. I’m counting on him being an obedient and caring man. New day of my new life, you better be a good one.

So with her plans made for the day, Maia decides to go put her new easel to work while she waits for her carpool. She’s going to need some kind of hobby to keep her busy when she’s home.



*Honk Honk* Oh the carpool’s here! Time to go to my first day of work!” As she’s walking out to the car, she takes notice of the driver. “Her again?! Doesn’t she do anything other than drive people places? I mean geez, first the taxi and now my carpool. Oh, she better not be nosey again today. I’ll have trouble holding my tongue if she ruins this day.” Maia opens the car door and climbs in the front seat. “Hello again, miss! It looks like we’ll be seeing a lot of each other, huh?” “Sure does!” Maia replied with false enthusiasm. She really couldn’t stand the idea of spending every single car ride she took with this lady. Maia keeps her sanity a little by daydreaming out the window during the drive. She has noticed when she’s lost in thought, the driver doesn’t bother her. Well, not as much anyway.

They finally arrive at the police department and Maia is more than happy to finally be at work. She quickly reaches for the door handle. She’s ready to jump out of a moving vehicle. That’s how much this woman annoys her. Aside from being nosey, Maia doesn’t know her well, but the nosiness is enough to annoy her to no end. Plus she still has this nagging feeling that this woman could be Hank’s fiancé. She’s not positive though. Maybe one day she’ll have to be just as nosey and get some information about her. The car came to a stop at the curb. “Have a good first day at work, miss,” the driver said as Maia bolted out the door. “Thanks,” was her quick reply as she shut the door.
Again, Maia’s lost in thought as she heads into work. “Oh my goddess, I can’t wait to get in there! Hank should already be here! He’s so gorgeous! AND he’s got that body…mmmm that body that makes you wanna just touch him. Even if it’s just a gentle stroke on the arm, you just have to touch him. Ok, ok, enough. Get inside and get to work. You don’t want to be late on your first day.” Maia hurried into the police station to get started on her day of work. She spent the day getting to know her partner, Justine. She has a feeling her and Justine will become best friends.

Faster than she expected, her work day ended. Maia was happy that she made friends with Justine on the first day of work, but she was extremely disappointed that she didn’t get to speak with Hank at all. She was kept so busy by Justine and Lieutenant Wainwright that she only got to see him in passing. She supposed her busyness was the reason her work day flew by so fast. But with every cloud, there’s a silver lining. Her work day may be over, but that just means that she can call Hank and invite him over to her house and spend the day working her magic on him. She figures the reason, or at least one of them, her charms didn’t work on him the day at the park was because that bitch he calls his fiancé was there too. “We’ll see who he’s thinking about by the time I’m done with him tonight.

She heads over to the car waiting to take her home. She’s in quite a rush today. She doesn’t want to waste any time on Hank. As Maia climbs into the car, the driver asks her, “So? How was your first day at work? Make any new friends? What’s your boss like? Any cute guys work with you?” “Oh Goddess, here we go…” “Well hello to you too,” Maia replies without answering any of the questions thrown at her. “I’m sorry,” says the driver, “You don’t have to answer them if you don’t want to. I tend to get a little exuberant around new people for some reason.” Maia decides not to answer them all. She doesn’t want anyone in town to know she’s after Hank. She doesn’t want her plans ruined. But she doesn’t want to seem rude so she answers a couple of them.

“Well, the day flew by today. My boss kept me so busy I almost didn’t see it was time to go at the end of the day. She’s a nice lady for a Lieutenant though. She’s tough when she needs to be, sweet when she wants to be. I think my partner and I will become close friends. She seems really cool so far.” The driver noticed Maia hadn’t answer all her questions, but she figured she shouldn’t press her luck with this lady. This lady was nice enough but seemed to not like it when people stuck their noses in her business. So she let the unanswered questions slide and replied, “I’m happy for you! It’s always good to enjoy your job and the people you work with. I know that you could love what you do, but if you can’t tolerate the people you work with, you won’t enjoy being there like you should. I hope you and your partner do become good friends. There’s nothing more fun in the world than being able to work with your best friend!” The rest of the ride, which thankfully for Maia wasn’t much longer, was pretty quiet.

When they pulled up to the curb, the driver said, “It was nice chatting with you! See you tomorrow!” “You, too. See you tomorrow,” Maia calmly replied back while getting out of the car. “Have a good night.” she said as she closed the door. Once in her house, Maia immediately dug her cell phone out of her purse and called Hank to invite him over. “Hank? Hey! It’s Maia. I know we just got off work and all, but I was wondering if you’d like to come over and hang out with me to unwind a bit?” “Hey, Maia! Sure, I’d love to come over. I’ll be there in a little bit, ok?” “See you soon!”

Maia went to her computer to play chess and pass the time until Hank arrived. As time passed, Maia began to worry. “What if he doesn’t show? Oh…what am I gonna do then? He really sounded like he wanted to be here. How am I supposed to concentrate on this game if I’m worried about him? What if he got into an accident coming to see me? What if he was crossing an intersection on his bike and a car hit him? Ohhh.. I really need to stop thinking like this.” She was watching the clock nervously while continuing to play chess and pass the time. “Ugh, what if that bitch wouldn’t let him out of the house. I’ll bet that’s what happened. Why else wouldn’t he be here when he said he would be? What kind of a controlling bitch does she think she is not giving him the freedom to come and see his friend? I’ll bet it’s because I’m a female. She feels threatened by me. Well, she should be. Because if I have anything to do about it, and I will, he won’t be with her much longer.

She was so far lost in her anger that she didn’t hear the doorbell at first. *DIIIIIING DOOOOONG* “OH!!! That better be him now! I’ll be so furious if it’s not him!” She quickly closed her chess game and got up. Glancing at her reflection in the window, she quickly fixed her hair on her way to the door. Once she got to the door, she saw that it was in fact Hank and her heart started beating faster. She was so thrilled that he showed up. “Daaaayumm…I was definitely right about the uniform thing. I am definitely turning up the heat on this friendship tonight! It should be illegal for him to look that good. And once he’s mine, he’ll pay for making me want him so much. He’ll pay with every minute he spends pleasing me. Ohhh, I can’t wait. I’m getting excited just thinking about it.” She reached forward and opened the door. She stepped out onto the porch to invite him in.
“Hank! You’re here! I was beginning to worry about you!” Slightly embarrassed Hank replied, “Heh, uh yeah…Sorry about that. You see I don’t have my own patrol car yet, so I’m still stuck on this measly bike the department gave me. And your house is really far from my house. I wish I’d have used my head a little and taken a cab, but I didn’t realize it was quite this far out. I don’t mind the exercise from it, but I didn’t mean to make you worry. I’m sorry.”

Feeling kind of stupid for getting all worked up the way she had, she replied, “Oh. Yeah, I suppose I am kind of far from town, huh? I just fell in love with this lot when I saw it was next to the waterfall though. I’m sorry it’s so far away. You must be exhausted from that ride. Come in and relax for a while.” Maia turned around and sashayed into the house. Hank slowly followed. “Holy hell, the view from back here just makes that ride so much more worth it. She’s a fox. Geez, will you get a hold of yourself man? You have a fiancé at home. You’re going to get yourself into so much trouble.

Once they were in the living room, Maia immediately struck up a conversation with him. She asked him how his day was at work. Told him about her day and how she made friends with Justine. She cracked a few jokes here and there. Hank thought she could be quite an amusing person when she wanted. After about an hour or so, she decided it was time to work her magic on him. She told him that she loved his personality and that she was grateful to have met him. She flirted around with him a little and told him some dirty jokes that he found absolutely hilarious. Until she go to the point where she couldn’t take it any longer. She just wanted to know what it would feel like to kiss him and be with him. She decided it was time to tell him what she really thought of him.

“Uh, Hank?” she said hesitantly, “I think we’re good enough friends now that I need to be honest with you.” Hank got a look of trepidation on his face. He wasn’t sure what to expect her to say. “Um, ok? What’s on your mind?” She looked down at the floor. Then she looked shyly up at him out of the corner of her eye and replied, “I, uh…I think I’m falling in love with you. I mean I feel really bad and all because I know you’re with Pauline, but I can’t help the way I feel about you anymore. I’ve tried to fight it, but I just can’t anymore. It’s getting too strong.” Hank looked relieved. “I don’t know what I expected to hear, but that she’s falling in love with me isn’t bad news at all! Yeah, sure…There’s the issue of Pauline…But Pauline doesn’t make me feel the way Maia does. Ever since that day in the park, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Maia. There’s just something about her. She came onto me that day in the park, and I rejected her…But I had to! Pauline was there too. I know I’m only going to break Pauline’s heart anyway, but I couldn’t have done it like that! It’s only fair to her that I end it now before I get in too much deeper with Maia. I just can’t help it though! I love the way she looks at me, like we’re the only two people on the planet. And she has those breathtaking green eyes that I just can’t look away from. Then there’s that smokin’ hot body that she has…Makes me just want to grab her up and WooHoo with her here and now in the middle of the floor.” Hank just stood there speechless. Not sure of how to respond to her. “If I tell her how I’m feeling, she might be as excited as I am. But there’s also the possibility that she might not want to hear the same thing from me just yet. It might put her off. What do I say? Think Hank, think.
Maia would have gotten worried that she scared him off, if it weren’t for that look of pure relief on his face. “Now, how to ask him to break up with that nasty skank without scaring him away…He already knows how I feel, and from the looks of it, he’s happy about it. But what now? He hasn’t said anything back yet. That is what’s got me kind of confused. If he’s happy I’m falling for him, why would he not say anything back?

Maia approached this subject with as much caution as she could. “Uh…would it be wrong of me to ask you to leave Pauline? I mean, I know I don’t know your feelings about me, but if they are what I think they are, shouldn’t you be fair to Pauline?” Hank wondered how she knew what he’d been thinking. Was it possible that they were on the same thought wavelength already? Could they possibly be that connected already? He didn’t know, but he wanted to find out.
“No, it’s not wrong of you to ask me that. Honestly, I don’t think Pauline and I were meant to be together anyway. We were already drifting apart before I met you. I love Pauline, but the way you make me feel doesn’t hold a candle to my feelings for her. I only rejected you in the park because Pauline was there and watching us. I don’t want to cause her more pain than I have to.” Hank stepped closer to Maia and embraced her. Maia whispered in his ear while he held her, “Do you want to spend the night with me tonight?” Hank replied, slightly breathless, “Of course I do.” She turned her head to the side and gave him their first kiss… “Oh my…he is as great of a kisser as he said he was…I might just enjoy this relationship…A LOT…geez that was hot!
This moment marked the end of his relationship with Pauline and the beginning of his journey with Maia in his life. They spent the rest of the night getting to know each other a little better. Now get your mind out of the gutter! Maia doesn’t WooHoo on the first night. She only makes out a little. Maia has a feeling that Hank would be a good husband once it gets to that point. When they finally did decide to go to bed around 3am, he went to what will be his room and slept in what will become his bed in the future. She thinks that he only did this because he feels it’s appropriate that he doesn’t sleep in her bed while they’re not married. Even still, he should get used to that bed. He’ll be spending a lot of time in it in the future.
In bed, Maia spent a few minutes in thought before falling asleep. She chuckled to herself. “Good. He’s mine now and that little bitch Pauline can go cry in a corner. She didn’t deserve him anyway. He’s much too good for her. In a couple days I’ll propose to him and make him mine forever. By then, he’ll be so hooked, there’s no way he’ll say no. Plus, the sooner we’re married, the sooner I can put my hands all over that gorgeous body of his. I do honestly have feelings for him. Which is why I really hope he can be a good boy and do as he’s told once we’re married. I’d hate to have to make him regret not listening to me. This is my new life and I deserve to be treated like a queen, or a goddess even. Mother always said once I was an adult it was my turn to find a man who will do right by me. “That’s a man’s sole purpose in life…To keep their woman happy and do as they’re told. If he doesn’t, you make him regret not doing his job!” Well new life, you gave me a great first day! Let’s keep this thing going good!

2 comments:

  1. It is to my great dismay that I have to say this: My computer crashed on me a while ago and I no longer have any of my saves. My computer had to be completely wiped.

    I didn't realize I had anyone other than a good friend of mine reading this. I plan to start new challenges and hopefully write them out as well. I had a lot of fun writing this story. I really wish I could have finished it. I have a feeling it was going great places.

    I will post the new challenge(s) here once I start them. I like writing and playing. These challenges are a great way to combine two things I love doing. Hope to see you again in the future!

    ReplyDelete